Wednesday, January 27, 2010

"Spoiled Rotten” -- January 27, 2010”

Yep, I’m spoiled rotten!

Why you ask?

I was hoping you would!

Well, last fall was a “Magic” birthday for me which is a birthday ending in a zero.

Oh gosh guys, you are too too kind, no I didn’t turn 30! :-)

So my dear, sweet, clueless husband was trying to figure out what to get for me as he really, really wanted to make this a special birthday.

Now, this is especially hard as if we want something, we usually just buy it. He also, ahem, has absolutely no talent in picking out clothes or jewelry for me. And since I read between three to five books a week, well that wasn’t going to work.

So, to save the poor dear man, and at his fervent request, I pointed him to several websites for canvas and Canvas of the Month clubs gift ideas.

On the day of my birth anniversary, actually it was several days later as we were too busy on my birthday to slow down for a fun meal and presents, he presented me with my birthday gifts. I was absolutely amazed as not only did he buy the Fireside Stitchery Fortune Cookie Club, he also purchased the Fireside Stitchery Candy Cane Club!

Well, I was speechless!

And for those who know me, this is a very rare event!!!

This past weekend I received the first canvas from both clubs so I hope to share some stitching progress with you soon!

Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting Windy Meadow!

Where it is about to get very windy and cold this weekend!

And I don’t have to go anywhere so hopefully I’ll be able to stitch!

Cynthia
Windy Meadow

7 comments:

Annie Bee said...

What a wonderful birthday present. It is something you can enjoy all year long. Wonderful idea. Can't wait to see some of them stitched up.

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

What a great gift. You gotta love it when they come thru. Of course, I have to practically tell mine what to buy but still..... Enjoy your good presents!

Mel said...

An awesome gift for sure!

Anonymous said...

What a nice gift and a thoughtful husband too. Happy Birthday

NCPat said...

How wonderful! I can't wait to see these! Happy Birthday!

Beth in IL said...

What a thoughtful guy! And it is a present that you will enjoy all year. Look forward to seeing some pictures.

Edy said...

Finally caught up with blog reading - what a terrific husband. I could do that with mine, but he would just say, "If you want it, buy it!" Not quite the same thing as having it given to you.