Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Questions and Answers -- December 8, 2009

Hello!

It's been a while since I've done this so I thought I would take a moment and answer some of the questions that I've received via comments and email.

If you've sent me an email please don't be offended if I haven't answered your email yet. I got a tad (okay a lot) behind and I'm slowly catching up!

Helen,
Yes, Lee of Lee's Needle Arts has retired. Though I've heard that someone(s) may be buying her line and that they may be offered to us again soon. If I hear anything definite, I'll post the information on my blog. Has anyone out there heard if the line has been bought and if so, how soon will it be offered again?

As far as I know, Lee's Needle Arts designed painted canvases and did not offer charts of her designs. Helen you also asked if I knew of any shop in the UK who carries her designs. Unfortunately, I don't but you can ask any needlework shop in the US of A if they have the designs that you are looking for as I know that many will ship internationally. If you would like to know who I have ordered from in the past, please leave an email where I can reach you on a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can. :-)

Ort Containers
I've loved reading everyones comments on my ort containers and that you have shared with us what you have named your ort containers.

Pam, I love the idea of a glass rolling pin which you have named the Ort Port! LOL!!! I was also grinning when I read that if you have some sparkly threads, you'll redistribute your orts in the Ort Port so that the sparklies are spread throughout the rolling pin. I was also glad to hear that you also carefully saves your orts until you have successfully completed a project before adding them to your ort container, The Ort Port, just like Moi (yes we heard the Muppets and John Denver 12 Days of Christmas. Love that one!). Nope, I don't think that's a bit obsessive Pam! LOL!!! Especially since I am also one who carefully saves all of her orts, and nothing else, for each project until it has been successfully completed and then carefully puts my orts into Ortessa! :-)

Beth, glad to hear that you like the idea of saving all of the orts for one project in case you need a little bit at the end. Glad to help out and hopefully share some helpful hints so someone else doesn't need to learn this the ahem... hard way as we (the royal we) did! Sigh...

Yoyo, yes our daughter does have her own ort container or rather she acquired one of mine! :-)
Right now she isn't stitching as she's back in school but she is EAGERLY looking forward to finishing exams and coming home for a few weeks and plans on doing some stitching then. That is after she has slept in late for, oh a bunch of days, visited with everyone, caught up on all of the news with her friends, and eaten a lot of different foods that she can't get at school! LOL!

Oh, I should add that the food at school is really, really, good (her words) but they don't make a pot roast as well as she does and she can't get a good grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup at school. What do I make for her? Reservations! Hee, hee, hee... :-)

Yoyo, I should add that our daughter may not be "officially" participating in the Christmas SAL on a monthly basis but she will have lot's of monthly projects to stitch as she has last years canvas/ornament of the month club from our LNS in her stash and I'll be buying next year's (2010) for her also. I'll post about this soon so everyone will know what Yoyo and I are talking about. Or go visit Yoyo's blog now to read about the Christmas SAL.

Beth,
No I haven't started on Heart of the Cabin (she mutters...). I have the canvas and some of the threads but not all. Yes, I am doing it in the original colors. That is unless I change my mind between now and when I start. ;-)

I'm hoping, really hoping that I will be able to start/continue on one or more large projects after the Holidays. Just too much going on now and not enough stitching time. Smaller projects are working for me right now. Hopefully after the first of the year I should have more time. Especially if we get the snowy/icy winter that everyone, including the woolly bear caterpillars and the almanacs, say we should get this year! Though I'm not sure if that is a good or not so good thing! LOL!!!

I am very thankful that you stop by and read about my stitching adventures!

Cynthia
Windy Meadow

4 comments:

MNStitcher said...

Lee's Needle Arts was bought by Colonial Needle. So the canvases and leather goods will continue to be available. They were working on a web-site, not sure if it is done yet or not.

Beth in IL said...

Thanks for answering my posts. I highly recommend trying Gay Ann Roger's 12 stitches plan. If you do 12 stitches a day on a project, it will eventually get done. No, I have not started Heart either. But I have thoughts of putting it on stretcher bars. Does that count?

Yoyo said...

Hey! Somebody has to tell me more about this Ort Port??????? That sounds like something the TUSAL stitchers might like to see. Is Pam one of ours? If not could you send me a link, I'd love to see this if it's something she's blogged about.

It's ok if your DD isn't "officially" in the Christmas SAL, we'd still love seeing her stitching.

Pam said...

OK, Cyn, pics of the Ort Port are up.
~Pam