Wednesday, July 22, 2009

"Trick or Treat Heart" by Sekas & Co. -- July 22, 2009

I have some more progress on my "Trick or Treat Heart" to share with everyone. When you last saw this project, almost all of the stitching was complete. I needed to add some details to the Trick or Treaters and I needed to finish adding the top stitching on the orange and green patches. Well, I'm done!


"Trick or Treat Heart"
by Sekas & Co.
DMC #5 Perle Cotton, DMC Floss, Caron Impressions, Caron Watercolors

Now I just need to decide if I want to stitch the area behind the Trick or Treaters as the original instructions does not have you stitch this area. I must admit, I'm not sure if I like the bare area. Hmmmm...

Well, thanks for stopping by and I hope you are keeping cool during these long, hot summer days!

Cynthia
Windy Meadow

12 comments:

Nancy said...

What a fun Halloween piece! You've done a beautiful job!

Edy said...

Very cute. I might use a darning or "t" stitch behind the goblins. Just a thought - and I don't have too many of those!

Mel said...

truly adorable! :)

Front Range Stitcher said...

Hi Cyn! Very cute canvas. I love seeing the Halloween canvases, they are always so much fun. Nice job.

Anonymous said...

Very cute. I love the green and black patches.

valerie said...

Very cute! I love halloween designs! You did a great job!

Yoyo said...

What a cute design. Are we voting again, I vote stitch the empty space. I don't know why I don't particularly like empty space on canvas projects. I mean, it's cute the way it is, but I would still put in maybe a seed stitch or basketweave something that won't detract from the figures.

Thanks for the correction for the TUSAL list. No idea why you weren't there because you are there on the other two lists. But, I was getting really blurry eyed by the end of that 'fix-it' session. You are now back on the list.

Cindy F. said...

Hey! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving such sweet comments. I hope you weren't too bored going back to the older posts!

Hey, Mr. Right's brother lives in Baltimore!!

(I knew your name would be Cynthia. People call me Cyn too!)

Love your blog and your "Trick or Treat Heart" is gorgeous!! I'll be following your blog now that I've found it!! So much stitchy goodness!!

Lelia said...

Love your Halloween Heart! I have yet to make a sekas pattern and really should one of these days

As for the Clover Rose Maker, I bought mine at Erica's in South Bend, Indiana
Sweetheart Rose Makers
They have 3 sizes and are prices between $5.95 and $7.95

I'll see if there is a demo on line -- or instructions on line

One of my GFs already has made roses & it might be on her blog -- Moonsilk Stitches (marjorie's blog)

stay tuned

Lelia said...

I found a video on the Clover site:

LINK HERE

I noticed they also have pom makers & puff quilt makers. Tho, I think I would only use the yo yo and rose makers.

I tried to put this on my blog & it is taking forever to process. Maybe will be on my blog tomorrow!

Beth in IL said...

Hope all is well in Windy Meadow. I am sure you are just busy with summer stuff. I try to look and see what you are posting when I have a spare moment. Maybe you are organizing your stash again....

Brigitte said...

Such a lovely little finish. Very cute.