Monday, May 4, 2009

“Mini-Nativity” -- May 5, 2009

Several years ago I purchased a Canvas of the Month club from The French Knot. This was the Rebecca Wood's Mini-Nativity stand ups with the stitch guides by Diana Bosworth. Each of the twelve stand ups is 3” tall and there is also a stable canvas. I’m really looking forward to stitching the camels. :-)

I had a lot of fun stitching Mary and Baby Jesus and then as so often happens, I was sidetracked by family and work issues.


Recently Margaret,
The Stitching Lawyer, decided to stitch Rebecca Wood's Mini-Nativity but instead of stitching the stand ups she decided to stitch the ornament set.

When I saw this I thought, hmmmmm, maybe we could do a Stitch-a-Long. :-)


Since both Margaret and I work full time and are raising children, setting aside a particular night a week to stitch together was probably not going to work. After several emails we decided that we would both try to stitch at least one of the stand ups/ornaments each month. If we were able to stitch more than one canvas per month, well that would be great. If we find that we are having a busy month and we can't finish one of the canvases that would be fine. I'm sure we will both have a month where we are going to be doing our best to handle family issues and stitching won't be a priority! :-)


The goal for the month of May is Joseph. Since its May 5, 2009, I better get started!


This is going to be a fun relaxed Stitch-a-Long. Anyone else want to join us?


Cynthia

Windy Meadow

3 comments:

Mel said...

sounds like a great SAL for you two!

Daffycat said...

Great SAL...can't wait to see your progress!

I think the more relaxed SALs are best. That way no one feels bad when life gets in the way.

Front Range Stitcher said...

Hi Cyn,
I think you've chosen the perfect project for your SAL. You'll have fun plus this is a great way to finish something. I'll bet you'll do more than one a month. As a reward may I suggest you send them all out for finishing!:) I'll enjoy watching your progress.