Wednesday, March 4, 2009

“Bronze Ornament with Red Gem” -- March 4, 2009

I stitched the “Bronze Ornament with Red Gem” in the early to mid 1990’s.


On the left side of the ornament is a flower made up of golden swirls. The red gem was placed in the center of the flower. The swirls then dance through the right side of the ornament as if they are petals blowing on the breeze.

The entire ornament was stitched in Continental and Basketweave using Kreinik metallic threads. The red gem was already attached and I just had to stitch around the gem.

It’s been finished as an ornament with gold cording around the ornament and for the hanger. A gold wire ribbon bow was added at the top of the ornament. The back of the ornament was finished using tan velvet.

I probably picked this design as it’s a cute, quick project.

I don’t have any records as to the designer. If you know, please let me know.

Hope you enjoyed my “Bronze Ornament with Red Gem”!

Cynthia
Windy Meadow

4 comments:

Ruth said...

Absolutely lovely! I've not seen these hearst before so I can't help you out with a designer. :) They sure are pretty though.

Ok, ready for your interview?
The idea is that you post the questions and answers on your blog and offer to interview soemone else --

1. How and why did you start needlepointing? Do you still remember that first canvas? Do you still have it?

2. What's the best ANG (or ANGesque) class you've ever attended and why?

3. What piece(s) of yours just make you smile when you see them/think of them?

4. If you could take an all-expenses paid holiday anywhere for as long as you wanted to be gone, where would you go and why?

5. Why did you start blogging about your stitching?

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Cyn, the two gem hearts make a lovely pair. I am sorry I don't know the name of the designer.

Lisa said...

Cyn, just surfing by to check in - I love the gem heart ornaments. They are beautiful. It is fun to look at everyone's past projects and then look at what they are stitching now. You do beautiful work.
Take care!
Lisa

Beth in IL said...

Hope all is well in Windy Meadow. I have been trying to organize my stash, or at least rearrange it so it looks neater. What do you do with the instructions for things you have finished? I don't want to sell them and I don't want to throw them away. Hey! I might want to do them again some day. :)