Tuesday, June 17, 2008

“Secret Projects & Stash Enhancement” -- June 19, 2008

I have been stitching away at least 15 minutes each day since I began the Fifteen Minute Stitching Challenge. Wahoo!

How is everyone else doing?

I’m working on my Bargello Challenge project which I’ll be able to share with everyone next week. If you want to learn more about this project please visit Janet Perry’s “
Nuts About Needlepoint” blog and read the June 4, 2008 entry.

Janet challenged me to stitch a project from a Bargello line that she provided. We are both stitching socks but that’s all of the information for now as I can’t share the project with you until June 25, 2008. :-)

I’ve also been stitching on a Christmas project for Dear Daughter as she has been away this week, but since I know she reads my blog I can’t share any pictures now. :-) I’m taking pictures of my progress and I’ll share with everyone next January.

In the meanwhile, I did visit my LNS for a little stash enhancement. These are purchases that I picked up over the last several weeks.

My daughter and I are both planning on stitching the set of Kimonos from “Needlepoint Now”. These were designed by Marget Bendig. They are just beautiful!



My daughter will be stitching the Spring Kimono with the colors listed in the design. The Spring Kimono is the Aqua Kimono on the cover. These are on the bottom right of the picture. I decided to mix things up a little bit and I’ll be stitching the Spring Kimono with the colors on the bottom left of the picture.

The fibers at the top left are for the Summer Kimono and are the ones listed in the instructions. The Summer Kimono is the one on the upper right of the magazine cover. I haven’t picked out yet what I’ll do for the Summer Kimono as I need to finish a project or two before I get too far ahead of myself!

I also picked up some Mill Hill kits to add to my stash. My LNS is going to have a sale this summer where if you buy 5 Mill Hill kits you get the sixth for free. Have I mentioned before that I like the Mill Hill kits? I have big plans for that sale! LOL!!!


The final stash picture is of a few other items that I picked up recently. The Raise the Roof design is “You Suit Me”. My husband plays cards and I think he’ll like this design. I’m planning on stitching this for next Valentine’s Day. The next project is by The Cricket Collection and is “Give Us a Kiss”. It’s all kinds of different pictures of Hershey Kisses. I’ve been having fun watching Kathryn stitch her sheep on her blog; “Threads of Desire”. When I was in my LNS in May, the free graph for the month is Bent Creek’s “The Little Sheep that Could”. Well, I just had to pick up the materials pack as the graph was free! :-) The other threads are odds and ends that I need for other projects.


I also thought I would share with you the door prizes and basket my daughter and I won at a recent basket bingo.


I’m so glad that you were able to stop by my blog and I hope to have more project pictures for soon! I’m loving the Fifteen Minute Stitching Challenge! :-)

Cynthia
Windy Meadow

4 comments:

Stitchingranny said...

So glad you have managed to stay with your 15 min challenge.

You have some wonderful stash there. I do not know the kimono charts you talk of so I am really looking forward to seeing them. You will have to post updates of your DDs progress too so we can compare the different colour schemes.

Ruth said...

Hey Cyn -- love the stash! I think you owe us pictures of those kimono's you'll be working on. And I'm not sure how patient I can be until January, but I suppose I'll muddle through. :)

Go 15!

Terry said...

I am looking forward to the seeing the results of the Bargello Challenge. Thanks for your comments on my new design and all your wonderful input on developing beginning designs and classes for beginners.

Napa Needlepoint said...

I love the ideas for the kimonos, it makes me want to stitch them.

I too have a DD who reads my blog so I have to be careful about pictures.

Keep Stitching,
Janet
http://www.napaneedlepoint.com
http://www.nuts-about-needlepoint.com - blog